Pro-education foundation Edubox said it has empowered 1000 Nigerian teachers with the digital skills needed to educate students of the 21st Century.
The training, with Google Digital Skills for Sustainable Academic Development, was done in partnership with the Lagos State Universal Basic Education Board in Agege local government area and Mind-The-Gap, a community youth development foundation.
Speaking at the training, Edubox founder Tosin Sanusi encouraged teachers to make good use of the opportunity to learn how to teach their students in a modernised way.
Tosin Sanusi said the training was organised with the 2018 United Nations International Day of Education theme “Literacy and Skills Development” in mind.
The aim of the UN is to:
- Leverage technology to deliver an experiential training
- Prepare our children for the future of work
- Make teaching exciting and fun for both Teachers and Pupils
- Train Teachers on the power of search engine
- Train Teachers on online safety tips